Seattle Green Tables
Green Tables, It’s More Than Just How Does Your Garden Grow, it is an Les Dames d'Escoffier International entity which has grown and developed over the years into a unique and diversified initiative with varied projects in each of the LDEI chapters.
Les Dames d'Escoffier, Seattle - Our chapter’s commitment to Green Tables has been strong. We have provided $50,000 to Seattle Central Community College for its “green house” project, and developed a grants program which, in 2011, gave a total of $7,300 in funds to four 501(c)3 organizations. Our 2012 grants continued our commitment to Green Tables and provided a total of $13,500 to deserving grantees.
Seattle grant focuses include:
- Educating people about seasonality and cooking simple, healthy meals.
- Innovative solutions to provide healthy meals in schools.
- Early learning and exposure in schools of the garden-to-tables (cafeteria) cycle.
Grant recipients to date:
- Montlake Elementary School
- Seattle Tilth
- McGilvra Elementary School
- Master Gardeners of King County, Shorewood
- Epiphany Early Learning Preschool
- Franklin Pierce New Pathways Farm School
- Kennydale Elementary School
- Refugee and Family Center
- Vashon Island School District